The “HDR Effect” ( High-Dynamic-Range Imaging ) has become popular in sports design and photography all over the country. There are dozens of different ways to approach this process, it really takes trial and error. Here’s a simplified process to get you started in the right direction. Practice really makes perfect! Enjoy!
- Step 1: Find a high-quality image preferably 2MP or higher.
- Step 2: Cut out the image.
- Step 3. Duplicate the image. ( Shortcut command + J )
- Step 4: Turn duplicated image into black + white. ( Image>Adjustments>Black+White)
- Step 5: Add definition to the selected image. ( Filter>High Pass ) Select radius between 0-10.0 depending on your own judgement.
- Step 6: Depending on how much of the effect you want select one of these options. ( Overlay or Soft Light or Hard Light )
- Optional Step: Select the original image and go to ( Image>Adjustments> Curves ) to enhance the image.